Recipe for Thanksgiving
- Courage(Ometz lev)
- Appreciation (Hoda’ah)
- Humility (Yirah)
- Conscience (Tzedek)
- Kindness (Chesed)
- Graciousness (Chein)
- Upon awakening, give thanks for all blessings, large and small.
- Breathe in the energy of life with awareness and gratitude.
- Open eyes, ears, and heart to abundance and dearth.
- Enter the day with courage and strength.
- Guide your steps with passion.
- Do what is good.
- Act justly and walk humbly.
- Seek relief, rescue and prosperity.
- Console and support.
- Nourish and sustain all living things.
- Provide safe shelter.
- Steward the earth faithfully.
- Sow, reap and share the bounty.
- Fill mouths with laughter and joyous song.
- Love yourself.
- “Love each person like yourself.” (Lev. 19:18)
- Seek peace- “every day, at all times, and in every hour.”(Birkat HaMazon)
- At the end of each day, write in your “Gratitude Journal.” (see example below, or just go to google images and search for “gratitude journals”
- Pass this recipe on from generation to generation.
Nina J. Mizrahi, Community Rabbi
7 Kislev 5776/ 19 Novembre 2015